Wednesday 10 November 2010

MediaCityUK






I have developed my illustration even further to exaggerate the corporate style and also simplifying the typographic elements i think give this a more professional feel.


I decided to include type in the illustration, to make it clearer as i received a comment saying the illustration looked as if it was advertising Salford Quays. Any further comments on how i can improve my illustration would be greatly appreciated. 




I've created an illustration for Media City in Salford Quays, I wanted this illustration to be different from my normally hand drawn style. I think the more corporate style of this image reflects the way Media City should be represented. When being given this brief, my first problem was that i did not know the location of Media city and it sounded more industrial than people friendly. I hoped with this illustration that it would be informative by implying where close by known pieces of architecture are. I also think the people icons show the business/social side of Media City. I'm aiming this image at other potential businesses wanting to move their creative companies in this area, or young professionals looking to network and job opportunities.


Development:





I wanted the illustrations in my final image for my media city project to imply the social interaction between people casually and in business.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice illustration Whitney. Looks a bit corporate, I wasn't sure that was your style. I like the idea behind it except it looks as though it is advertising Salford Quays rather than MediaCity alone. It says to me that the Quays are a place for shopping, dining and business. There seems to be an open path above the arm of the lady in the top right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think It could do with something to tie the images together with Media City. They are a bit detached from the background. Good use of primary resources for the characters, and nice balance overall.

    ReplyDelete