Thursday 30 September 2010

Brief: To create a self promotional logo

Whitney Sherratt, age 23, currently studying an HND in Graphic Design.

My aim as a graphic designer, is to create pieces of art that serve a purpose and that communicate a message, as well as being visually pleasing. I want my work to illustrate my cheeky, fun loving, open minded personality, creating a signature style that will hopefully become recognisable.

I'm currently enjoying all aspects of graphic design, i would say my strength is in my illustration skills, I'm able to work in multiple mediums as well as on illustrator and photoshop, although i have an overall understanding of typography, branding, editorial and corporate identity, i will always want to improve and learn more in all elements of design to increase my skills and knowledge.

My work usually includes historical references, as i enjoy acquiring visual information from the past and  think the output of these influences give my work a unique yet familiar quality. I gain inspiration from all walks of life, with a love of culture and the influences we obtain from other countries and their histories.

People fascinate me, the  psychology of why we do, say, look the way we do, is an amazing subject. I enjoy educating myself in colour theory, understanding body language, behaviour and ethics. I believe trying to understand these will always benefit my work, giving me more insight into my audience and aim as a designer, which will help me to collect the correct response from my work.

I don't aim to shock, offend, neither please people with my work, but i do want it to have a purpose whether it be something they like to look at, inspires them, gives them a piece of necessary information or just makes them smile. I thinks all aspects should be of a high visual standard, beautiful and interesting to look at, in their own rite.

Clients and Audience

Primary

  • my classmates
  • other young designers
  • creative students
  • small start up businesses

No comments:

Post a Comment